Recruitment & Retention
Addressing the Pharmacy Technician Shortage in Hospitals and Health Systems.
Pharmacy leaders need strategies, tools, and resources to ensure they have a solid pharmacy technician recruitment, retention, and development program. This Resource Center will assist pharmacy teams, especially pharmacists in administrative and leadership roles, in managing the pharmacy technician shortage in hospitals and health systems.
Pharmacy technicians are an integral part of the pharmacy team. They play critical roles in patient care and are responsible for crucial functions, such as sterile compounding; inventory management; medication distribution; and other essential medication and administrative functions. Vacant pharmacy technician positions within hospitals and health-systems has a substantial impact on the pharmacy team.
Coming in Spring 2023
Visit this Resource Center often as the site will be updated in the coming months with more tools and resources!
- Engaging the Experts Podcasts on Pharmacy Technician Recruitment and Retention Strategies. Hear from the Steering Committee!
- CPE Webinar, “Pharmacy Technician Recruitment and Retention: A Crisis Situation”
- CPE Webinar, “Pharmacy Technician Recruitment and Retention: Tools and Strategies to Address the Crisis”
- Expert Insight Articles on key strategies for addressing the pharmacy technician shortage
- Resources for building career ladders and expanding the roles of technicians
Please share your ideas for additional resources or any comments on our existing resources.